A change never hurts and even more so when it comes to the place where we spend the most time; therefore, if you are thinking of remodeling your office but do not know where to start, this note will help you organize to make your workspace much nicer for you and your team.
Steps to remodel an office:
Small office: the important thing, in this case, is not to forget to include only what is truly necessary for it so that it does not become an overwhelming or overwhelming area during the working day.
How to remodel a small office?
- Color scales for the walls: apply light shades that provide a pleasant lighting effect, such as lavender, white, light blue, ivory, salmon, among others.
- Decoration: use furniture, ornaments, and accessories of a size according to the space you have.
- Suitable lamps: a good combination of colors is sometimes not enough to achieve the desired luminous appearance; you can also reinforce with the investment in lamps placed in strategic places in the place to be modernized.
- Organization and cleanliness: two of the fundamental aspects of any type of office; if this does not exist, your workplace will probably become chaos; consider it as a constant practice.
Large office: it contains larger areas, as its name implies. Therefore you must increase your creativity levels for the renovation of it. For this, it will be necessary that:
- Create a design where you capture exactly what aspects you want to improve, eliminate or replace, remember to project it into the future, which includes the growth of your company through new clients, acquisition of human capital, a variety of activities to which they are dedicated as an organization …
- Evaluate the budget you have for the remodeling: include not only the investment associated with it but also possible extra inconveniences that may arise, either with electricity, pipes, fumigation, permits, replacement of furniture, equipment, and other elements.
- Seek advice in relation to the contractor company that will carry out the work: focus on assigning the project to serious, responsible, and committed people with the requirements you want, and who provide you with quality and efficiency in what they do, with whom you can maintain communication constant and inherent to said activity.
- Establish a completion period for the renewal, in conjunction with the contracting company you selected; Remember that during this time, you probably do not provide services to your clients or do so in a limited way, additionally in your employees, it could generate a climate of concern regarding their status within the company as a result of this.
- Make constant monitoring of the progress of the modernization and at the same time keep your work team informed.
Reasons to remodel an office
- Adopt a contemporary image: not only based on work practices but also infrastructure; it is essential to adjust to new trends, showing a competitive image of your business that allows you to stand out within the industry. An outdated appearance as a business is not at all appealing to customers.
- Installation wear and tear: after having inhabited a site for a long time to develop any type of activity, certain problems usually appear, such as cracks in ceilings and floors, leaks in the walls, beams, wiring and paint in poor condition, sewer network and deteriorated pipes, making it imperative to resolve these eventualities.
- Generate an environment with comfort conditions: this seeks to make the most of the available environment while always maintaining functionality; expand access and mobility areas for staff.